One of our most popular desserts, we hope you’ll enjoy this recipe for 12 mouth-watering lemon bars in the comfort of your home:
- Melt 3/4 pounds of butter on a stove top.
- Mix in 3/4 cups of shredded cocunut and 3/4 cups of powdered sugar with the melted butter for 3 minutes.
- Add 4 ounces of flour sifted into 3 cups, and mix for another 2 minutes.
- Fill the bottom of a large greased cookie sheet with this mixture and bake for 25 minutes at 300 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1 cup of lemon juice, 8 eggs, 4 cups of sugar, 24 ounces of flour sifted into 3 cups, and 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder with a wire whip by hand.
- After the first mixture is done baking, add this second mixture to the cookie sheet and bake for an additional 53 minutes at 300 degrees.
There’s more where that came from. Read our Winter 2014 edition of “The Bagel.”