This recipe was contributed by Amy Kritzer of the website “What Jew Wanna Eat” and is not sold or served by Brent’s Deli.
Ingredients for the Cake:
- Cooking spray
- 3½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for flouring the pan
- 1½ cups white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup whiskey
- Zest from 1 lemon
Ingredients for the Glaze
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a bundt pan with non-stick spray and flour lightly.
- Mix together the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cardamom and nutmeg until combined.
- Add in canola or vegetable oil, honey, eggs, vanilla extract, coffee, pomegranate juice, whiskey and lemon zest and beat with a mixer until just incorporated. You do not want to over beat and make the cake tough.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the oven until cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out with just a few moist crumbs, about 1 hour.
- Cool for 20 minutes in the pan before and then turn the cake out onto a serving platter.
- Mix confectioner’s sugar and enough pomegranate juice to make a glaze thick enough to cover the back of a spoon and drizzle over cake.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve!