This recipe was contributed by Sarah L. and is not sold or served by Brent’s Deli.
- 4-6 large chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) cut into 2-bite sized pieces
- 1/2 to one bottle of Russian salad dressing
- 1-2 packets of onion soup powder mix
- A jar of apricot jam (I use the sugar free, and it’s still yummy.)
- Green onions, red bell peppers, carrots, butternut squash, yams, cauliflower
- Combine the salad dressing, soup powder, jam and green onions.
- Stir with a fork until combined thoroughly.
- Cut the veggies into 2-bite sized pieces.
- Fill one pan with veggies, the other with chicken. (If making less, combining works! But I like a LOT of veggies, so I always end up with two very full pans.)
- Pour half of the salad dressing mixture over each pan and cover with tinfoil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove chicken and veggies to serving bowl.
- Reduce remaining liquid in saucepan on stove top at a simmer until desired thickness. Pour back over the chicken and veggies.
- Serves well with rolls or rice.